"Not so hot" 跟温度一点关系都没有?

作者:Crystal发表时间:2017-06-16浏览:292
分享到 :

中文里有说屋漏偏逢连夜雨,实际上泛指所有倒霉的遭遇接踵而来,那么英文里也有很多跟天气有关的词汇,组成俚语后,却有着不同的含义


1.On cloud nine 九霄云上(形容高兴)

She has been on cloud nine since the magazine printed her photos.

自从那份杂志发表了她的照片后,她高兴得不得了。


2.fair-weather friend 酒肉朋友

I'm a bit disappointed in Jack. It turned out that he was only a fair-weather friend.

我对Jack有点失望,原来他是个酒肉朋友而已


3.Get wind 听到风声(消息)

How did you get wind of that terrific business deal ? 

你是怎么打听到那笔好生意的?


4.Not so hot 不怎么好,一般般

How are you today?

Not so hot, I am going to stay in bed and have a rest.

今天感觉如何?

不怎么样,我打算躺着歇一会


5.Chase the rainbow 做白日梦

Get down to your business! Stop chasing the rainbow.

做你自己的事儿吧,别白日做梦了


6.It never rains but it pours 祸不单行

First my car broke down, and then I lost my key. It never rains but it pours.

一开始我的车抛锚了,接着钥匙还丢了,真是祸不单行啊



不让自己的口语再闹笑话,洛基英语培训班有经验丰富的老师帮你解困答疑,现在报名洛基 Top Talk、English Vip课程,都有惊喜大礼包等着你噢!

分享到 :


立即领取免费体验课